UtterAI Test Widget
MPL Poker
Want To Collaborate For Our Upcoming Print Magazine?
A23 Poker
Daniel Negreanu's WSOP Plan Is A Recipe For Disaster? Poker
Amarylisa Gonsalves
Posted on 10 Apr, 2023
By Amarylisa Gonsalves
On 10 Apr, 2023
Share
By Amarylisa Gonsalves
On 10 Apr, 2023
Share

Daniel Negreanu’s WSOP Plan Is A Recipe For Disaster?


The World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2023 edition starts in less than two months, and poker pros across the world are gearing up for the biggest poker series in the world. And among those pulling up their socks is six-time WSOP bracelet winner Daniel Negreanu

DNegs is all set to start training for the upcoming WSOP fest. Being the social media-loving person that he is, he is known for constantly sharing his gameplay insights and updates on his social media handles. He recently shared a detailed training plan for WSOP on his Twitter handle. The plan includes weightlifting six days a week, walking 15,000 steps a day, eating 1800 calories, no screens 30 minutes a day, daily meditation, walking on grass and watching poker streams. 

A lot of Negreanu’s fans and followers joined the conversation and shared their views on the elaborate plan. One of the users Anthony Rodriguez who goes by the username ‘ArodCeltics_9’ pointed out that weightlifting six days a week with steps along with his WSOP schedule while only eating 1800 calories sounds like “a recipe for disaster.”

DNegs replied to Rodriguez stating that the training plan is for before the WSOP starts. He further added, “Once WSOP starts the plan goes out the window.”

A nutrition coach named TJ Jurkiewicz advised DNegs to get as much sleep as possible, while eating healthy 70% of the time and whatever he wanted the remaining 30% of the time. “During WSOP is just sleep your ass off to recover and no day to day plan I’m assuming? Combination of convenient and healthy foods 70% of the time, eat whatever the fuck you want the other 30%? What’s exercise look like? Step count goal? Any days lifting?,” he wrote. (sic)

Another user asked him what his play and study schedule looks like, to which he replied, saying he would not be playing any games till the WSOP.

DNegs training plan ahead of WSOP only proves how poker requires as much physical strength as any other field sport. Just as athletes start training and preparing themselves months before a big sporting event, poker players, too, need to prepare themselves ahead of an event like the WSOP 2023.

For more news and updates, keep reading Gutshot Magazine. Follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter, and Telegram.

Image credit: PokerGo

Sign-up on Natural8 And Get $2 FREE


Tagged : 

More News

Daniel Negreanu Accuses Ali Imsirovic Of Cheating AGAIN!
Poker
10 Mar,2023 

Daniel Negreanu Accuses Ali Imsirovic Of Cheati...

WSOP 2023 Announced With Schedule Highlights!
Poker
3 Feb,2023 

WSOP 2023 Schedule Is Out!

Did Daniel Negreanu Just Call Poker A Game Of Mistakes?
Poker
16 Mar,2023 

Did Daniel Negreanu Just Call Poker A Game Of M...


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Natural8 India

Top 15 Poker Rooms