How To Play Russian Poker?
by Donna Amo
Posted on 09 Feb, 2021
The origins of Russian Poker can be traced back to the 1990s after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The game can be described as a casino game based on poker hands. It was introduced to rich Russian gamblers who were the targets of casino managers. This resulted in the formation of Russian Poker. While the game differs from the usual poker format, it adds a slight twist to the game and is still enjoyable for anyone looking to have some fun. The game is also often confused with Chinese Poker.
Objective Of The Game
In this variation, the player needs to bet on whether he has a better hand than the dealer. If the player’s hand is higher than the dealer, he wins the pot.
How to play Russian Poker
- Players first need to place an ante and are then dealt five cards. Note that all cards are dealt face down except the last card of the dealer’s.
- After which they need to bet whether they have a higher hand than the dealer or not. Players have an option to fold if they think they have a weak hand.
- The dealer can only qualify if he has an Ace-King or higher, otherwise, all the bets are cancelled.
- Once the dealer qualifies, the players are paid out according to a fixed scale or payout table if they have a better hand than the dealer.
- If there are six cards with a player, any set of five cards can be used to make a hand.
If you know how to play Pai Gow Poker, then you shouldn’t have trouble playing Russian Poker as the two formats are similar.
To know more about other interesting poker variations, keep reading GutshotMagazine.com. Follow us don Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram.
How to play Chicago Poker?
Pai Gow Poker: Origin, Objective, Hand Rankings...
How to play and win at blackjack ?